Castle Auctions Terms and Conditions.
Conditions of Sale
Prospective buyers are advised that all Lots are sold as seen, without warranty or guarantee and they should therefore thoroughly check the condition of Lots before bidding.
Whilst every effort has been made to produce auction catalogues with accurate descriptions, no guarantee can be given and a purchaser must satisfy him / herself as to the authenticity of the description.
The Auctioneer neither has nor professes any expert or other knowledge of any Lot sold and each Lot is sold as seen with all faults and errors or mistakes of description and all written or oral representations as to description, quality or fitness are excluded. The buyer shall be deemed to have inspected the Lot he buys and if he buys without so doing he shall do so at his own risk.
General Auction Conditions
a) Buyers: A 12% + VAT premium is added to the hammer price and charged on all items bought.
b) Sellers: A 18% + VAT commission is deducted from the hammer price on all items sold, subject to a minimum fee of €3.50 + vat per item.
2. Payment method
a) Buyers: CASH or VISA (subject to 2% handling fee)
b) Sellers: Cash (up to €50) or Cheque / Bank Transfer for amounts over €50 on the Friday following the sale.
3. NO LOTS TO BE REMOVED FROM THE SALE ROOM UNTIL PAID IN FULL
4. Purchasers are responsible for removing lots by 5pm on Tuesday following the sale and providing adequate people and transportation for the collection of heavy goods.
5. ALL ITEMS ARE SOLD AS SEEN WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY GIVEN OR IMPLIED. ELECTRICAL AND MECHANICAL ITEMS ARE NOT TESTED FOR ELECTRICAL SAFETY. FURNITURE MAY NOT BE FIRE RETARDENT.
6. Whilst we endeavour to ensure that our catalogue descriptions are correct, they should be treated as a guide. Purchasers must check that the lot they intend bidding for is as per the catalogue description and satisfy themselves of that BEFORE making a bid.
7. At the fall of the hammer the onus is on the purchaser to secure his or her own goods.
8. Items for inclusion in one of our auctions need to be delivered to the auction room or arranged for collection Tuesday onwards after the previous sale. To be certain there is room to include them in the sale, items should be booked in advance on 25391537 (Limassol) or 22482382 (Nicosia). Items will only be accepted if they are deemed by auction staff to be saleable.
9. Every person on the premises or any other premises on which Castle Auctions may hold a Sale by Auction at any time shall be deemed to be there at his or her own risk without notice of the conditions of the premises and the method of arranging furniture etc. He or she shall have no claim against Castle Auctions in respect of any injury he or she may sustain or for any accident which may occur.
10. Castle Auctions disclaim all responsibility for damage or loss to goods or for any unauthorised removal of goods unless such damage or loss is caused by the negligence of their own employees. Castle Auctions does not undertake to ensure goods under delivery to or from its auction rooms nor while on the premises and advises owners and buyers to arrange appropriate insurance.
11. IN THE EVENT OF A DISPUTE THE AUCTIONEER’S DECISION IS FINAL.